Royalty and Rogues – a guided walking tour around Ruthin.
The tour is a gentle stroll around the central part of the town, which is strategically located on a hill.
Wander through the charming streets of Ruthin to discover the fascinating stories of people with royal connections and others who found themselves in trouble with the law.
Find out what makes Ruthin a real gem of a town which should not be missed.
- Walk along Castle Street to hear about scandalous Judge Sir John Trevor, the Grey Lady ghost and the ‘Wild West’ Cornwallis West family of Ruthin Castle. Amble along the attractive streets to discover intriguing stories of past residents.
- Stroll to St Peter’s Square where the last Welsh Prince of Wales, Owain Glyndŵr, attacked the town
- See the stone linked with a King Arthur legend.
- Find out about the harsh life of the prisoners at Ruthin Gaol and a tale of a daring escape.
- Start at Tourist Information Point, Ruthin Craft Centre or Ruthin Castle.
- Tours arranged at a mutually agreed time to suit you.
- For small groups (min 5 adults) – £5 adults. Children £2.50 For larger groups reductions
- £25 for a guided tour for two people.